I'm Just Curious About Rates
Updated: Aug 9
I can't tell you how many times I've heard this during my first conversation with a borrower from Lending Tree. But after hearing that they can get pre-approved through underwriting at no cost or obligation... they own their new home within 30 - 60 days depending on how fast they find it and submit the contract to me.
Perhaps a better question than "What are your rates" would be to ask yourself, what monthly payment am I comfortable with? Tell me the answer to that question and I'll guide you through the process with a few options and answers to questions like....
1. What price range should you shop?
2. What term best meets your needs?
3. What down payment is required?
4. Can you eliminate monthly PMI?
5. Can the seller pay for some of my closing costs?
6. Can I get a gift from a friend or relative to help with the down payment or closing costs?
7. And of course I'll give you rate options as well.
I'll do the work before you have a contract so you can shop with confidence and there will be NO SURPRISES before closing!
If you're still curious, take a look at the payment calculator at my website. Play with the numbers and you'll get a lot of information to help you start the process. Then apply on line or give me a call and I'll remain with you step by step until you get the keys to your new home.